National Nurse Manager
Proactive MD is growing and looking to add to our team!! We are looking for a National Nurse Manager in Austin, Texas!
People are a company's greatest resource, which is why caring for employees and keeping them healthy is so important. Proactive MD offers a comprehensive health management solution that extends well beyond the clinic walls. Access to on-site physicians, full direct primary care services, and excellent client support are the hallmarks of our program. By engaging a workforce and offering them a personal relationship with a primary care physician, we can deliver measurably better outcomes, making people happier, healthier, and more productive while significantly lowering overall medical costs for employers. We put employees' health first because amazing care yields amazing results. We are the next generation of workplace health centers.
The Nurse Manager has responsibility/accountability for leading and managing a group of medical centers. Utilizes knowledge of organization policies, procedures and systems. Nurse Managers will use these skills in planning, organizing, delegating, and supervising. Must work effectively with physicians, staff, patients, public and external agencies. Must have the ability to take initiative and to exercise independent judgment, decision-making and problem solving expertise. A Nurse Manager’s goal is to keep our medical centers operating efficiently focusing on high-quality patient care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Builds strong positive communication with Providers and promotes teamwork to ensure the success of the Health Center(s).
- Plans, evaluates, recommends and implements new initiatives when appropriate.
- Identifies and implements opportunities to build employee morale and individual motivation.
- Responsible for assuring customer/patient service needs are met. Monitors patient service feedback and contributes to the process of resolving complaints and service issues. Plans and initiates process improvement.
- Visit each of the assigned Health Centers once per quarter at a minimum, with one huddle per month. The Health Center huddle needs to encompass a discussion about patient satisfaction survey results, audit scores, policy reviews, and concerns from clinic staff.
- Monitor compliance to legal guidelines, internal policies and quality standards.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to expand revenue sources and ancillary services and reduce expenses.
- Conducts employee evaluations, provides counseling, performs disciplinary actions, and forwards appropriate and complete documentation as instructed by HR in a timely manner.
- Ensures adequate staffing. Conducts interviews for potential staff. Responsible for performance reviews on existing staff. Monitors, coaches, develops and evaluates performance of staff on an ongoing basis in accordance with applicable performance standards.
- Meets, enforces, and sets goals and standards for self and staff that is consistent with those of upper management.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Registered Nurse license required.
- 2 years in healthcare management
- Experience working or managing in direct primary care or direct to employer health centers
- Solid understanding of budgeting, resourcing and performance evaluation procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of standards (e.g. ISO) and regulations for the clinical fiel
- Proficient in MS Office and computer systems (e.g. patient management software).
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills, Aptitude in resolving issues and conflicts.
- Ability to travel up to 40-60% with overnight stays to our multiple clinics