Proactive MD is growing and looking to add to our team a Data Engineer in Mauldin, SC!
People are a company's greatest resource, which is why caring for employees and keeping them healthy is so important. Proactive MD offers a comprehensive health management solution that extends well beyond the clinic walls. Access to on-site physicians, full direct primary care services, and excellent client support are the hallmarks of our program. By engaging a workforce and offering them a personal relationship with a primary care physician, we can deliver measurably better outcomes, making people happier, healthier, and more productive while significantly lowering overall medical costs for employers. We put employees' health first because amazing care yields amazing results. We are the next generation of workplace health centers.
Find out more at proactive.md/our-why
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive wages with opportunities for performance-based increases
- A chance to be part of a truly innovative healthcare company that believe in putting the patient first.
The Data Engineer is responsible for applying data science and machine learning methods and tools to improve patient care and client outcomes and for creating and maintaining the data pipelines and data architectures powering our Proactive IQ platform.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research and deploy innovative statistical and scientific techniques to Proactive MD datasets.
- Apply machine learning and deep learning methods (e.g. regression, neural networks, etc.) to enhance Proactive MD’s predictive analytics capabilities.
- Develop data models to improve analytic performance and unlock new data insights.
- Build and maintain data pipelines for the extract, transformation, and load of clinical data, medical and pharmaceutical claims, and other key data feeds.
- Deliver and present analyses to internal and external customers as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by EVP, Health Data Science and/or executive leadership.
- Act as a champion for our "patient promise" and mission, vision, and values and partner across the company to drive a high-performance work environment.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an institution recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation, with relevant coursework in advanced statistical methods, computer science, and mathematics.
- Experience using data science and machine learning packages (e.g. Tensorflow, pandas, Healthcare.ai)
- Experience using SQL for data management and query. Experience building or maintaining data pipelines with Microsoft SQL Server / Azure preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent time management skills with the proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft applications, including intermediate-to-advanced Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access skills.
- Proficiency with advanced statistical analysis packages (e.g. SAS, SPSS, or R)
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm
Proactive MD is firmly committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, amnesty status, or veteran status applicable to state and federal laws.