Certified Medical Assistant (PRN)
Proactive MD is growing and looking to add to our team a Certified Medical Assistant in Merrillville, IN!
People are a company's greatest resource, which is why caring for employees and keeping them healthy is so important. Proactive MD offers a comprehensive health management solution that extends well beyond the clinic walls. Access to on-site physicians, full direct primary care services, and excellent client support are the hallmarks of our program. By engaging a workforce and offering them a personal relationship with a primary care physician, we can deliver measurably better outcomes, making people happier, healthier, and more productive while significantly lowering overall medical costs for employers. We put employees' health first because amazing care yields amazing results. We are the next generation of workplace health centers.
Find out more at proactive.md/our-why
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive wages with opportunities for performance-based increases
- A chance to be part of a truly innovative healthcare company that believe in putting the patient first.
The Medical Assistant is at the forefront of Proactive MD’s clinical operations and is a champion of our Patient Promise: “We are only and always about the patient. We Promise to fight for their greatest good.” Duties of this role will include performing clinical functions as directed by the provider in the clinic.
Full Time: Schedule- M: 7a-4p, T: 6a-5p, W: 7a-6p, Th: 7a-6p, F: off (38 hours/week)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with treatments ordered by provider as supervised by provider or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
- Interviews patients measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- May document the provider's encounter with patients. Lists all proper diagnoses and symptoms, as well as follow-up instructions and prescriptions, as indicated by the provider. Transcribes patient orders including, but not limited to, laboratory tests, radiology tests and medications.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associates degree preferred.
- Certification as a Medical Assistant preferred.
- Current certification in Basic Life Support.
- Ability to draw blood.
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain working relationships with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to prioritize needs and plan work accordingly.
- Knowledge of HIPAA.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check and drug screen.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
This job primarily operates in a medical office environment. The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds at times.
Proactive MD is firmly committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, amnesty status, or veteran status applicable to state and federal laws.